Highlights of our weekend:
* Coffee and croissants at Reverends on Brunswick Street.
* New shoes. I’m rediscovering Nike in my quest to find shoes that I can spend all day in.
* A visit to The Tea Centre resulting in the purchase of a new teapot from The London Pottery Company.
* Shopping in the Valley.
* Fox! He’s by Scoops Design, and is part of a set of three which are now dotted around the apartment.
* Skyfall at the Palace Centro Cinema. What a great tribute for the 50th Anniversary of Bond.
* Getting into the Christmas spirit, aided by a divinely scented candle from Ecoya’s seasonal range, it’s called “Holiday in London”.
I hope your weekends were as lovely as ours!
I had a wonderful day filled with good friends, lovely food and beautiful new shiny things.
Tonight’s weather made for another spectacular show in the skies over Brisbane.
Brisbane was hit by a series of amazing storms today – strong winds, heavy rain, lightning and thunder, the works. We were out and about when the first one struck.
I watched today’s solar eclipse the old-fashioned way – with a homemade pinhole viewer.
I’ve always loved the colour of the sky here. At times it has an intensity that doesn’t look real.
There was a second layer, but it obviously disappeared pretty quickly…
This weekend we decided to treat ourselves to a long, long weekend at the coast. We filled it with adventures – spotting the cute creatures at a wildlife sanctuary, visiting a regional art gallery, sailing, kayaking, and snorkelling. Then we finished it off with an amazingly indulgent morning of relaxation at Enrich Retreat and Day Spa (http://www.enrichretreat.com.au). If you haven’t visited them yet, put it on your to do list, you won’t regret it.